VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Police said a crash resulted in a fatality Friday night on Holland Road.
Police responded around 8 p.m. to a report of a two-vehicle crash with possible injuries at the intersection of Holland Road and Governors Way.
When officers arrived on the scene, the man driving one of the vehicles involved fled the scene on foot and was “apprehended a short distance later by officers.” Police also said the driver was transported by Emergency Medical Services to a local hospital with minor injuries.
The victim driver, an adult woman, succumbed to her injuries at the scene of the crash.
Police say that at this time, speed and alcohol may be contributing factors to the crash. The case remains under investigation by members of the Fatal Crash Team (FACT).
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Carroll County’s Alyssa Ervin and Marc Motley earn Class 3 VHSL honors
- Newport News School Board holds work session on superintendent search
- Head-on crash kills one person in Milam County
- Northside’s Bill Pope is the VHSL Class 3 Boys Basketball Coach of the Year
- Should Chesapeake build a performing arts center? Study approved to find out