VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Police said a crash resulted in a fatality Friday night on Holland Road.
Police responded around 8 p.m. to a report of a two-vehicle crash with possible injuries at the intersection of Holland Road and Governors Way.
When officers arrived on the scene, the man driving one of the vehicles involved fled the scene on foot and was “apprehended a short distance later by officers.” Police also said the driver was transported by Emergency Medical Services to a local hospital with minor injuries.
The victim driver, an adult woman, succumbed to her injuries at the scene of the crash.
Police say that at this time, speed and alcohol may be contributing factors to the crash. The case remains under investigation by members of the Fatal Crash Team (FACT).
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- VB man pleads guilty in string of robberies around Shore Drive
- Norfolk Councilwoman Danica Royster, Jason Inge announce plans to run for Superward 7 seat
- Virginia researchers learning more about COVID-19 vaccine strength against variants, need for booster shots
- AG Herring, Coalition to Stop Gun Violence host virtual roundtable discussion on gun violence prevention
- AG Herring urges online mobile marketplace to halt sales of fake vaccination cards