VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – Police have arrested the driver they say caused a fatal crash Friday, then attempted to flee the scene.
26-year-old Kenneth Ka’Von Grant was charged with DWI (3rd offense in 10 years), reckless driving, hit-and-run causing personal injury and involuntary manslaughter.
Officers were called to the intersection of Holland Road and Governors Way just after 8 p.m. Friday for the report of a two-vehicle crash.
Police say the driver of the suspect vehicle fled on foot, but officers apprehended him a short distance later. He was treated for minor injuries at a local hospital.
The woman driving the other vehicle died at the scene. Police identified her Tuesday as 47-year-old Lyree Dawn Vaughn.
Grant is currently at the Virginia Beach City Jail.
- Americans expected to eat record amount of chicken wings during Super Bowl weekend
- Princess Cruises will stop in Yorktown beginning in 2024; State lawmakers propose $7.5M for pier
- UCLA researchers find fentanyl, meth and heroin in counterfeit meds sold in Mexico
- In Juarez, even cops seek protection from ‘La Santa Muerte’
- Six dead after gunmen target occupants of home in Juarez