VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach emergency crews responded to a deck collapse Sunday night in Sandbridge.
Dispatchers said calls came in just after 8:30 p.m. for the incident in the 3000 block of Sandfiddler Road. As of 9 p.m., dispatchers said minor injuries were reported.
VBEMS tweeted shortly after saying seven people were being evaluated and three were being transported for further treatment — but none of the injuries were considered life-threatening. There is no information on additional injuries at this time.
This is the second deck that has failed in the area in just over the past two months. In July, five people were injured after a deck at a home in the 3600 block of Sandfiddler Road collapsed.
This is a breaking news story. Stay with WAVY on air and online for updates.
- Peaceful rally turns tense as protesters clash with police in Virginia Beach
- 2,400 vaccines administered at Hindu Temple of HR, J&J vaccines still a go after adverse reactions in NC
- Elizabeth City mom to use lottery earnings for kids’ education
- Multiple dog tags among odd items found in 445-pound South Carolina gator’s stomach
- VIDEO: One dead, at least 7 injured in overnight storm that ripped through parts of Louisiana