VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Police are investigating a death on Saturday afternoon after a woman’s body was found in a dumpster following a dumpster fire.
Just after 12:40 p.m., dispatch requested the police to assist with a dumpster fire incident in the 4700 block of Columbus Street.
Once the fire was extinguished, the Virginia Beach Fire Department discovered the deceased body inside of the dumpster. The body is believed to be an adult woman, police say.
The case will be jointly investigated by fire investigators, as well as members of the department’s Homicide Unit.
No further information is available at this time.
- ViBe Creative District making changes to Small Business Saturday, determined to promote shopping small
- Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine low temperature requirement poses challenges
- Black Diamond Weekend conference available for Hampton Roads minority-owned businesses
- Potential long-term closure at Centerville Turnpike Bridge in Chesapeake leaves businesses worried
- 2 dead in 6-vehicle crash Thanksgiving night in Richmond’s northside