VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Firefighters responded to a fire at a home in Sandbridge Wednesday night.
The call came in reporting the blaze around 8:20 p.m. in the 3300 block of Sandfiddler Road in Virginia Beach, dispatchers said.
Units arrived to find heavy smoke and fire coming from the building.
The fire was quickly brought under control.
One resident was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Virginia Beach Fire Marshal’s Office.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Portsmouth Restaurant Week to kick off with more than 25 participating businesses
- 2 injured in vehicle crash in Accomack County
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- Hyde County currently listed as ‘critical community spread,’ restricted access to select offices
- VB School Board to hold special meeting on Option 1 students returning to in-person learning