Fireplace ashes are reported cause of fire on Brandon Blvd. in Virginia Beach

Virginia Beach

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — A firefighter received a minor injury while fighting a fire in the 5700 block of Brandon Boulevard late Saturday night, officials confirmed.

Crews responded to the fire in the Brandon subdivision of Virginia Beach around 10:40 p.m.

When units arrived, there was heavy fire coming from the back of the home.

The resident and a dog both made it out of the home safely.

As mentioned, a firefighter was injured, but did not require treatment.

It took just over an hour for Virginia Beach firefighters, with mutual aid from the Chesapeake Fire Department, to mark the fire out.

The cause was determined to be improperly disposed fireplace ashes.

Fire on Brandon Blvd. in Virginia Beach
(Video courtesy: Luthy Photography)

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

WAVY Twitter Widget

***Don’t Miss Module Removal CSS***

WAVY Facebook