VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Police say they are looking for a vehicle with front end damage following a fatal crash involving a pedestrian Monday night.
Virginia Beach Police said the crash happened in the 6000 block of Indian River Road around 9:40 p.m.
Officers responded to the scene of the crash to find a woman — identified as 32-year-old Amanda Delois Majett of Norfolk — who had been hit by a vehicle. Medics arrived and pronounced Majett dead at the scene.
The vehicle that hit her did not remain at the scene. Police believe the car may be a silver or white sedan with possible damage to the driver’s side headlight area.
It was last seen driving in the Level Green neighborhood.
No additional suspect information is available.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
This is a breaking news story. Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Where should new power lines for offshore wind go? Dominion Energy holding meetings to gather input
- Blame game: Krishnamoorthi’s office urged Pritzker to blame slow vaccine rollout on ‘Trump hangover’
- Greenwich Road flyover to open as early as Monday, VDOT says
- Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law will get $1 million from Dominion Energy
- Barricaded subject on N Military Highway in Norfolk