VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach is warning mariners of serious shoaling conditions at Rudee Inlet.
Officials say there’s shoaling in the channel from the approximate east ends of the jetties extending eastward approximately 300 feet.
Conditions there are least depth 5.4 feet mean lower low water.
Shoaling is also across the inner channel from the approximate east ends of the jetties into the inner channel for 350 feet. Least depths are 7.7 feet MLLW.
“Mariners are urged to exhibit extreme caution when approaching this area. Use idle speed when approaching the inlet and seek local assistance if unfamiliar with the inlet and its condition,” the city said in a news release.
- Senior Alert issued for husband, wife of Manassas both suffering from cognitive impairments
- Good News with Gaskins: September 20
- BLM holds Sunday protest in Portsmouth calling to stop corruption, defund police
- 2 adults displaced following house fire in Virginia Beach
- NYS Attorney General James coming to Rochester Sunday in wake of Daniel Prude death