VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — The Black Lives Matter group held a protest Saturday night at the Oceanfront to mark the five year anniversary of the death of India Kager.
Kager was killed in the crossfire during an officer-involved shooting in 2015 while her four-month-old child was in the backseat in Virginia Beach.
The protest began at 7:57 p.m. near the 1307 Grille Sports Lounge on Atlantic Avenue in Virginia Beach — the same location BLM led a march two weeks ago that resulted in multiple arrests.
- Virginia Oct. 31 COVID-19 update: Over 1,550 new cases reported, daily percent positivity rate rises in Hampton Roads
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Vice President Mike Pence to visit Elizabeth City Saturday