VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — The Black Lives Matter group held a protest Saturday night at the Oceanfront to mark the five year anniversary of the death of India Kager.
Kager was killed in the crossfire during an officer-involved shooting in 2015 while her four-month-old child was in the backseat in Virginia Beach.
The protest began at 7:57 p.m. near the 1307 Grille Sports Lounge on Atlantic Avenue in Virginia Beach — the same location BLM led a march two weeks ago that resulted in multiple arrests.
- Woman dies from injuries following head-on crash on Eastern Shore
- Newport News police conducting a death investigation on 29th Street in Newport News
- Fauci says 1-shot J&J vaccine should have been 2
- These types of toys will be hardest to find this holiday season
- Grambling State cancels Homecoming events for today amid another campus shooting, 1 dead & several injured