VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Police say a Virginia Beach man died in a crash on Blackwater Road Sunday night.
Dispatch said the call came in just before 8:50 p.m. for an incident that happened in the 4800 block of Blackwater Road.
The cyclist was traveling southbound on Blackwater Road when he was struck by a 2005 Toyota Camry also traveling southbound.
The cyclist, identified as 60-year-old Rickey Eugene Lewis, was pronounced deceased at the scene by Emergency Medical Services. Neither the driver or passenger of the vehicle were injured in the crash.
Blackwater Road between Pungo Ferry Road and Land of Promise was closed as police investigated the accident.
There are no charges at this time, but the case remains under investigation by the Police Department’s Fatal Accident Crash Team.
No further information is available at this time.
- American Red Cross holding blood drive at Chartway Arena in Norfolk Tuesday
- Person sustains injuries following shooting incident on North Military Highway in Norfolk
- 29-year-old driver dies after vehicle crashes into utility pole in Newport News
- Oscar Smith, Maury roll through region title games and into state semifinals
- ‘A pillar and stalwart’: Oldest living American dies at 116