VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — After 40 years of U-Pick blueberries, Pungo Blueberries, Etc. announced in May that it decided to close the Virginia Beach stand. But good news for customers… they are back in business.
10 On Your Side confirmed with Juanita Burns that they are reopening on Monday, June 29.
She said a company has come along that will help take some responsibilities off their hands and will allow them to keep operating — but on a reduced scheduled.
She said they will be open from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
According to local Back Bay coastal lifestyle Facebook page Lago Mar on the Back Bay, the owners, Mr. and Mrs. Burns, moved to the area in 1980 and quickly realized there were no commercially grown blueberries in the area.
The family was told that blueberries did not grow in the area, but they decided to give it a go.
The popular stand has been around for four decades and their berries are also available in local farmers markets and restaurants.
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- What the Trump children might do after the White House
- Will the Capitol rioters receive a pardon from President Trump?
- Costella Williams selected to serve on Portsmouth School Board in interim position
- Hampton University alums play key roles in Inauguration Day