VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach police said two people were fatally shot in the parking lot of Allure nightclub on Newtown Road Thursday night.

The call reporting the shooting came in at 11:01 p.m. in the 400 block of Newtown Road. Authorities also received a ShotSpotter alert for the incident.

Click here to subscribe to WAVY’s breaking news email alert

When police arrived on the scene, they located two adult males who had been shot. The two victims, 38-year-old William Moore and 33-year-old Joseph Moore, were both pronounced dead on the scene.

A preliminary investigation into the shooting determined that a verbal dispute started inside the nightclub and continued outside. The suspect got the gun out of their car and shot the victims. He then fled the scene.

The suspect, 27-year-old Trayvon McCoy, was later taken into custody by Warrant/Fugitive Squad and SWAT personnel at a Hampton Inn on Greenwich Road. He has been charged with two counts of second-degree murder, two counts of use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

He is currently being held in the Virginia Beach City Jail.

This is not the first shooting at the nightclub this month. There was a gunfight on Oct. 7 at Allure nightclub that left a woman seriously injured from a gunshot wound.

It was a wild scene Thursday night that required the entire parking lot to be taped off.

By morning, police were connecting dots that led them to the Hampton Inn Virginia Beach on Greenwich Road.

“Yes, I was freaked out,” said Vincent Schilling, who is staying in the hotel and saw the Virginia Beach Police SWAT showing up.

“I went on an errand for my wife, and pulled in and there was full SWAT, full gear, riot gear,” he said.

Virginia Beach SWAT was operating with the Warrant Fugitive Squad, and they found Mccoy in a third-floor room.

“Police knew this person was staying in one specific room, in one specific hotel, and it means someone tipped off police where this person was staying,” Schilling said.

Schilling says everyone was stunned by the sudden police presence that swarmed the Hampton Inn, and then left as quickly as they arrived.

“Suddenly, I see a suspect being led out by the police. Thank goodness no one was injured further, and he was taken peacefully,” Schilling said.

Police also paid close attention to QX50 White Infinity with lots of personal belongings inside the tinted windows.

“I saw them sealing the door for evidence. This was likely because the police came right to it. It appears to be the suspect’s vehicle,” Schilling said.