VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach fire officials say two people are displaced and two pets needed oxygen after a house fire Friday evening in Indian Lakes.
Firefighters responded to a house in the 4900 block of Aquarius court around 7 p.m. Friday.
They arrived to find heavy smoke coming out of the house.
Crews went inside and got the fire under control by 7:20 p.m. The fire was marked out at 7:24 p.m.
Two pets were removed from the house and given oxygen. They appear well, fire officials said.
The two residents of the home are displaced but require no assistance as of Friday night.
There were no civilian or firefighter injuries reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Crews respond to camper trailer on fire in Gloucester marsh
- Currituck Sheriff’s Office arrest man in connection to early morning shooting
- Gov. Cooper says NC, US flags should fly at half-staff in honor of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Crews respond on flooded streets to early morning garage fire
- UVA identifies additional coronavirus cases in dorms after positive wastewater, individual tests