VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Two residents were displaced after a house caught on fire in Virginia Beach early Monday morning.
Officials say the call for the fire came in just before 7 a.m. Monday for a military housing, multifamily structure fire in the 400 block of Santiago Road inside Fort Story.
Both the Virginia Beach Fire Department and the U.S. Navy Mid-Atlantic Region Fire and Rescue out of Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story responded to the fire which was marked out around 7:30 a.m.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation and military officials say they are now working on relocation arrangements for the displaced residents.
No injuries were reported.
- Trump says he’s extending offshore drilling ban off Virginia, North Carolina coasts
- ‘They’re not cleaning properly’: Deerfield Corrections officers speak out against conditions
- Dr. Fauci: U.S. still in the first wave, seasonal ‘challenge’ lies ahead
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- Chesterfield principal condemns ‘extremely racist language’ shared by hackers in virtual classrooms