VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Two residents were displaced after a house caught on fire in Virginia Beach early Monday morning.
Officials say the call for the fire came in just before 7 a.m. Monday for a military housing, multifamily structure fire in the 400 block of Santiago Road inside Fort Story.
Both the Virginia Beach Fire Department and the U.S. Navy Mid-Atlantic Region Fire and Rescue out of Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story responded to the fire which was marked out around 7:30 a.m.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation and military officials say they are now working on relocation arrangements for the displaced residents.
No injuries were reported.
- Senate to debate virus relief amid tightened Capitol security
- Local film set to premiere with red carpet event at Portsmouth’s Commodore Theatre
- Blog: Cold Is Testing Our Patience!
- When will drops in COVID-19 numbers reflect vaccinations? For nursing homes, that time is now, experts say
- FBI: Suspects trained for Whitmer kidnapping in ‘kill house’