VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — A road rage incident that spanned from Interstate 64 to Indian River Road resulted in two men being charged on Thursday, police say.
It started around 4 p.m. on I-64 west. Virginia Beach Police say the two vehicles stopped after one of the drivers allegedly shot at the other.
Both drivers got out of their cars, after they stopped in the 6000 block of Indian River Road, and started to fight.
According to police, 20-year-old Daniel Jeremiah Caldwell of Virginia Beach and 38-year-old Lance Garrett Miller of Chesapeake have been charged in connection.
Caldwell was charged with shooting from a vehicle and discharging a firearm in a public place. Miller is charged with felony destruction of property and reckless driving.
On July 10, 2020, Caldwell was found guilty on the charge of shooting in a public place. His 180-day sentence was suspended and he received 30-days of supervised probation. His other charge was dismissed.
Miller was dismissed on all charges in October 2019.
- Virginia lawmakers approve bill giving citizen review boards power to discipline police; measure headed to governor’s desk
- Warner and Kaine announce more than $600,000 in funding to support The Up Center in Norfolk
- Virginia health centers collaborate to expand access to cancer clinical trials in coastal Virginia
- Police reform bills head to Northam’s desk as unprecedented special session nears end
- Lagging behind: rural broadband expansion promises faster speeds for downstate schools, hospitals