VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Police said one person was taken into custody following a hit-and-run involving a cyclist Monday.
Police said a car hit the cyclist around 1:39 p.m. Monday near Pacific Avenue and 14th Street in Virginia Beach then left the scene.
One person was in custody as of 2:45 p.m., a police spokeswoman said.
The cyclist’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
Police did not release additional details.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Virginia Natural Gas partners with Operation Warm to give coats to kids at local Boys & Girls clubs
- Lawmakers push back as Trump threatens to veto defense bill
- Horses in Hertford, N.C. still sick from mystery illness
- Virginia Opera cancels 2020–2021 season amid coronavirus pandemic
- Top dog, cat names of 2020 include coronavirus-related monikers