NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — A Virginia Beach woman died after crashing Tuesday night in Northumberland County.
Virginia State Police say the crash happened around 6:45 p.m. on Route 615 (Carlson Road), about a half mile west of Route 200 (Jessie Dupont Memorial Highway).
The driver, 26-year-old Heaven K. Mcquillen, was heading west on Route 615 when she ran off the road into a ditch, overturning in the process, police say. She was taken to Rappahannock General Hospital, where she died of her injuries.
Police say she was not wearing her seat belt at the time. The crash is still under investigation.
Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly listed the day of the crash. The crash happened Tuesday.
- Most Virginia democrats support Terry McAuliffe for Governor, new CNU poll finds
- 2 people rushed to hospital after jumping from top floor of Norfolk condo building
- You can help restore the Earth on Earth Day and every day
- FEMA, Virginia Coalition of Latino Organizations address vaccine hesitancy among undocumented immigrants
- House fire on Greenbrook Drive in Portsmouth