FRANKLIN, Va. (WAVY) — Franklin police say they’re investigating an armed robbery and breaking and entering Friday morning.
It’s unclear if the two incidents are connected at this time, but police said in a release that officers were investigating.
The armed robbery happened around 3:40 a.m. in the 1400 block of South Street, where two suspects entered a businesses, showed firearms and fled the scene after demanding money.
At 4:35 a.m., dispatchers got the call for the breaking and entering in the 400 block of Second Avenue. That incident was originally labeled a tactical situation, but officers later discovered the suspects were not still in the building.
- Halloween treat: Full ‘blue moon’ set to shine
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- Vice President Mike Pence to visit Elizabeth City Saturday
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases