SURRY COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — Surry County Sheriff’s Office announced Sunday night that the Surry Combined Court, which consists of the Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court and the General District Court, would be closed Monday and Tuesday and planned to reopen Wednesday.
On Wednesday morning, a recording at the Combined Court stated that the courts will “remain closed until further noticed.”
The Sheriff’s Office posted the original closure to its Facebook page saying that the Surry General District, Juvenile and Domestic Relations Combined Courts, and Clerk’s Office, but has not posted an updated at last check.
Anyone with a case or any other matters for the courts during the closure will be mailed a notice of for a new court date.
The reason for the closure is still not known, but 10 On Your Side is working to find out the details.
- Pelosi endorses Terry McAuliffe for Virginia governor
- Hampton man arrested after shooting on Blackwater Lane
- Live: What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?
- Virginia Jan. 15 COVID-19 update: 4,795 new cases, 30 new deaths; Virginia adds more people to 1b vaccinations
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens