SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Police and fire officials say a woman was injured in an auto-pedestrian crash Saturday evening.
Crews responded just before 4:30 p.m. to the incident in the 200 block of North Main Street in Suffolk.
Officials say that after an emergency medical assessment was conducted, the woman was transported to a local hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening.
Police say the vehicle remained on the scene following the crash and the driver was cited for failure to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
Two lanes of North Main Street were closed for about 25 minutes due to the incident.
Stay with WAVY on air and online for updates.
- Hampton police search for suspect in armed robbery
- Man seriously injured following shooting on Breckinridge Ct. in Hampton
- Passenger detained at LAX after opening plane’s emergency exit, deploying slide: police
- Daniel Radcliffe, longtime partner Erin Darke expecting their first child together: reports
- 2 people shot at Sikh temple in Sacramento County, sheriff’s office says