SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk Police and Suffolk Fire & Rescue responded to the scene of a crash involving a tractor-trailer and an Amazon delivery van Sunday evening.
Emergency Communications was contacted at 5:27 p.m. about the incident involving an 18-wheeler and an Amazon van in the 2500 block of Whaleyville Boulevard in Suffolk.
The preliminary investigation determined that the vehicles were traveling in the same direction when the crash occurred.
Officials say the 18-wheeler ended up on its side in a ditch, partially blocking the roadway.
Suffolk Fire & Rescue crews said diesel fuel spilled as a result of the incident.
The investigation into the cause of the accident remains ongoing at this time.
There were no injuries reported.
This is a breaking news story.
- Virginians are traveling to North Carolina for COVID-19 vaccinations, and they’re receiving them
- North Carolinians wait for unemployment benefits as state, feds implement new law
- With some of NC’s COVID numbers improving, now comes the wait for drops in lagging indicators
- 2 men dead after shooting, crash on Settlers Landing Road in Hampton
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website