SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – Suffolk Public Works Traffic Engineering warns residents of an upcoming temporary road closure for a portion of Wilroy Road on Route 642.
The city said Wilroy Road will be closed, in both directions, south of Rt. 58 from River Creek Drive to Lassiter Lane.
The closure will be to demolish an existing deficient culvert and build a new bridge on Wilroy Road.
Suffolk officials said in a press release, the objective of this project is to provide a safe and long-term solution to the current culvert and shoulder.
The road will be closed starting Monday, July 20 with a detour in place until mid-late November 2020.
The detour may be up to seven miles, so drivers should expect delays in travel times and plan accordingly, the city said.
The project is expected to be completed around Thanksgiving 2020.
Any questions related to this project should be directed to the Project Manager, at (757) 514-7615.
- Oceanfront businesses forced to close some locations, rethink operations due to lack of help
- Dominion Energy’s $1M EnergyShare Expansion provides bill assistance options for small businesses and residents
- Congress members from Virginia urge USDA to ensure children can access meals amid COVID-19
- Man sought to have his child porn victim killed, prosecutors say
- Mother to appear in court Thursday for child endangerment charges following 2019 death of 3-year-old girl in Wythe County