SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A 27-year-old Suffolk woman accused of child abuse has been convicted on multiple charges.
Jessica Renee Carpenter was found guilty Wednesday on three counts of child abuse/neglect, two counts of abduction, child cruelty and two counts of conspiracy to abduct, according to online court records.
A charge of malicious wounding was dropped.
Her sentencing is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. June 5 in Suffolk Circuit Court.
Investigation into Carpenter began in September 2019 when school personnel noticed a 7-year-old girl had physical injuries.
The girl was taken to a hospital for treatment.
- NACC names ‘Cat Colony Room’ in honor of longtime volunteer who passed away
- Elizabeth City residents complain about higher utility bills, city manager cites several factors
- Virginia Attorney General Herring vows to protect workers from wage theft
- Simple experiment debunks Texas ‘fake snow’ theory
- Derek Carr to serve as Grand Marshall for Pennzoil 400 NASCAR race