SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk Public Works will be holding two meeting opportunities for the community to offer feedback on a new Kings Highway Bridge.
The city says that while the project is not currently funded, public input is needed on the location in the event a bridge is constructed in the future.
The public outdoor meetings are scheduled for:
Meeting 1: Driver
Wednesday, Oct. 28, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
John Yeates Middle School (outside)
4901 Bennetts Pasture Road
Meeting 2: Chuckatuck Location
Thursday, Oct. 29, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Entrance to Lone Star Lakes Park
401 Kings Highway in Suffolk
Face coverings and social distancing measures will be practiced at the outdoor public meetings.
For those unable to attend the scheduled meetings, feedback can be provided at the online survey that can be found on the project website.
Below, two PDF files can be viewed and downloaded that explain the options and a mail in form for submission.
- Va. flags to be half-staff Friday in memory of late Bernard Cohen, lawyer in Loving v. Virginia case
- Possible unexploded ordnance found at Cape Hatteras National Seashore, safety perimeter is up
- Crews working to repair broken water main in Norfolk
- Northam unveils coastal resilience blueprint to deal with effects of climate change
- Netflix is looking for the next star in STEM on the campus of Norfolk State