SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk officials say a passenger vehicle rear-ended a fully-loaded school bus Monday afternoon as it was transporting students from Hillpoint Elementary School.
No students were injured, but the bus driver was taken to a local hospital for further medical observation.
Officials say Suffolk Police and fire-rescue crews responded to the two-vehicle crash around 4:15 p.m. Monday in the 2800 block of Godwin Boulevard.
Another bus driver came to the scene following the crash investigation and finished transporting the students, officials said.
The driver of the passenger vehicle was issued a summons for following too closely.
- Coronavirus in the US: Here’s what happened Friday
- 3 million masks ordered by Massachusetts were seized at Port of NY in March
- Dominion Energy urges customers to use energy-saving tips during coronavirus pandemic
- 1 injured in crash on S. Military Highway near Gilmerton Bridge
- Each state will decide how to ensure essential workers can get child care