SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk Police and Suffolk Fire & Rescue are investigating a motorcycle accident that left one person dead early Saturday morning.
According to a press release, it happened in the 4100 block of Holland Road. First responders got a call at 1:11 a.m. Saturday about a motorcycle that left the roadway. The driver of the motorcycle was taken to a local hospital where they later died.
One lane of Westbound Holland Road could be closed for the next few hours while police investigate.
The victim has been identified as 33-year-old Troy J. Stephens.
Stay with WAVY TV for the latest updates on this breaking story.
- Virtual Run in Remembrance kicks off on 14th anniversary of Virginia Tech shooting
- Daunte Wright’s family demands more severe charges for ex-cop charged with manslaughter
- Day of Remembrance: Friday marks 14 years since deadly Virginia Tech mass shooting
- 2 State Police vehicles struck in DUI crash on I-264 in Virginia Beach; no injuries reported
- 2 families displaced after fire on Sail Court in Chesapeake