No injuries after accidental kitchen fire on Green Ash Court in Suffolk, 1 displaced

Suffolk

SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — No injuries were reported after an overnight kitchen fire at a Suffolk duplex.

Suffolk Fire & Rescue said they arrived at the fire in the 6000 block of Green Ash Court around 12:30 a.m. and smoke was showing from the roof of the single story duplex. The fire was contained to the kitchen and the occupants of the duplex were evacuated safely with the help of Suffolk police.

No injuries were reported after this fire in the 6000 block of Green Ash Court. (Via Suffolk Fire & Rescue)

Firefighters ruled the fire accidental after it was marked under control at 12:54 a.m. and said there was no working smoke detector in the residence.

The woman who lived in the unit was displaced but is being assisted by family. The occupants of the other side of the duplex were alerted by a working smoke detector, and their unit didn’t have fire damage.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

WAVY Twitter Widget

***Don’t Miss Module Removal CSS***

WAVY Facebook