SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Officials have canceled this year’s Peanut Fest in Suffolk amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Members of the Suffolk Festivals Board of Directors announced the cancellation for the event originally slated for October 8 to 11.
After much discussion, the Board and staff say deciding on the cancellation, although disappointing, was ultimately in the best interest of the community amid the pandemic.
Officials say they value the health and safety of all event participants, including attendees, sponsors, volunteers, vendors, merchants, entertainers, staff and all those who work diligently to make the longstanding tradition in Suffolk and the Coastal Virginia region an annual success.
The Executive Committee is currently planning the 2021 Suffolk Peanut Fest for October 7-10, at the Suffolk Executive Airport.
- Portsmouth mayoral candidates continue to spread message across the city
- DOJ announces national police training center to help reduce excessive force
- Pink’s husband shares why he’s teaching his 3- and 9-year-old children to handle firearms
- How states are planning for coronavirus vaccine distribution
- Despite early voting, state law could see Election Day results delayed