SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — The Suffolk City Council voted to appoint Maria Skinner as Interim City Assessor.
The appointment comes following the recent retirement of City Assessor Jean Jackson.
Skinner has been employed by the City of Suffolk since August 1988. She has 32 years of experience in the City Assessor’s Office and has been the Residential Appraisal Supervisor since 2009.
Skinner was born and raised in the City of Suffolk. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Business Information Systems from Virginia State University, and has completed courses with the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) to further her career.
She has been a member of IAAO and Virginia Association of Assessing Officers (VAAO) for more than 22 years.
Her appointment as Interim City Assessor is effective on November 1.
- Va. COVID-19 Jan. 26 update: Over 4,700 new cases, 93 new deaths, positivity rate at 12.5%
- Newsfeed Now: Senators to be sworn in for impeachment, 40-year-old message in a bottle discovered in lake
- Thousands of NC COVID-19 vaccine appointments canceled after state diverts doses; briefing today at 1 p.m.
- Washington Football Team’s Jennifer King makes history as NFL’s first African American female assistant running back coach
- Analysis: Brady’s NFC championship turned on 2 crucial calls