Shed destroyed after lawnmower causes fire in Suffolk

Suffolk

Shed fire caused by lawnmower. (Photo courtesy: Suffolk Fire & Rescue)

SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A shed was completely destroyed after a lawnmower caught fire inside.

City of Suffolk Department of Fire & Rescue posted on Facebook Saturday that the fire was quickly extinguished after crews arrived on scene.

No injuries were reported.

The fire marshal has determined it was caused by a lawnmower that was parked in the shed after mowing the lawn.

Photos show the shed was completely destroyed.

Stay with WAVY.com for updates.

Get the free WAVY News App, available for download in the App Store and Google Play, to stay up to date with all your local news, weather and sports, live newscasts and other live events.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WAVY Twitter Widget

***Don’t Miss Module Removal CSS***

WAVY Facebook