SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk Police are investigating an early morning shooting after a man was found dead inside a vehicle.
Police say they received reports for shots fired around 2:45 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of North Broad Street and First Avenue.
When officers got to the scene, they say they witnessed a vehicle resting against a residence and pronounced the driver and sole occupant dead on the scene.
Police identified the victim as 29-year-old Lamar Octavious Elliott.
The residence did not sustain any damage.
Police have not clarified the cause of the driver’s death, but they did say that they are investigating the scene as a shooting incident.
The investigation is in its preliminary stage and no further information has been released.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- Williamsburg cancels Grand Illumination firework events
- Local food banks are in need this holiday season; here’s how you can help
- PHOTOS: White House Christmas decorations revealed
- Beware of COVID-19 scams as vaccine approaches FDA approval
- Newsfeed Now: Moderna seeking emergency use authorization for COVID-19 vaccine; young genius makes history