SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk Police are investigating an early morning shooting after a man was found dead inside a vehicle.
Police say they received reports for shots fired around 2:45 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of North Broad Street and First Avenue.
When officers got to the scene, they say they witnessed a vehicle resting against a residence and pronounced the driver and sole occupant dead on the scene.
Police identified the victim as 29-year-old Lamar Octavious Elliott.
The residence did not sustain any damage.
Police have not clarified the cause of the driver’s death, but they did say that they are investigating the scene as a shooting incident.
The investigation is in its preliminary stage and no further information has been released.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- Portsmouth Police investigating death investigation near Court Street
- Pasquotank County commissioners OK increase to sheriff’s budget, despite pushback from protesters
- Virginia Beach woman recovering after apparent hit-and-run in neighborhood
- ODU Fan group “The Monarchists” raising money with $105 donations after 105 home runs this season
- Chesapeake’s Cherry “ecstatic” about making first Olympic team