SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk Police along with Suffolk Fire & Rescue are currently on the scene of an accident involving a Norfolk Southern train and a vehicle Tuesday afternoon in Downtown Suffolk.
Officials say they got the call for the accident just before 1:30 p.m. at the railroad crossing in the 200 block of East Washington Street.
There were no injuries and no derailment.
Officials say the investigation on the accident is still ongoing.
Roadways in the affected area were closed for several moments, but reopened around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- Turnovers doom Washington in 34-20 loss at Cleveland
- Motorcycle driver trying to escape trooper killed in collision with truck in Henrico County
- Pedestrian hit by vehicle at Granby Street intersection in Norfolk
- Deerfield Correctional Center reports 15th inmate death from COVID-19
- Virginia Museum of History and Culture to begin its renovation and expansion in October