SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk Police along with Suffolk Fire & Rescue are currently on the scene of an accident involving a Norfolk Southern train and a vehicle Tuesday afternoon in Downtown Suffolk.
Officials say they got the call for the accident just before 1:30 p.m. at the railroad crossing in the 200 block of East Washington Street.
There were no injuries and no derailment.
Officials say the investigation on the accident is still ongoing.
Roadways in the affected area were closed for several moments, but reopened around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- Man injured in shooting on Broad Street in Portsmouth
- Crews respond to fire on Brandon Boulevard in Virginia Beach
- Overturned vehicle on I-64 in Newport News closes westbound travel lanes
- Officers, family and friends remember late Officer Katie Thyne
- Man dies in shooting on Jefferson Avenue in Newport News