SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Police in Suffolk say a 35-year-old was shot and injured Sunday on First Avenue.
Police responded to the 600 block of First Avenue around 12:30 a.m. Sunday.
Officers arrived to find both a residence and vehicle that had been struck by gunfire.
No injuries were reported at the scene, but police were later notified that a 35-year-old victim had been taken to the hospital by private vehicle.
Their injuries are not considered life-threatening.
The incident remains under investigation.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Derek Carr to serve as Grand Marshall for Pennzoil 400 NASCAR race
- Florida school resource officer fired after being caught on bodycam using racial slurs
- Third stimulus check: Americans who make more than $80,000 may not get direct payment
- WATCH: Bear roams Los Angeles neighborhood
- No Parking: Florida woman finds 7-foot gator in her garage