SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – Suffolk Fire and Rescue reports one person was injured when a fire broke out in a detached shed at a home on Birch Lane Friday morning.
According to fire dispatch, they received the call at 6:45 a.m. about the working fire and crews arrived seven minutes later.
Firefighters arrived to find a fully involved fire in the structure. The fire also caused some heat damage to the siding on the nearby home.
The one reported injury was minor, fire officials said. A neighbor was injured when she tried to alert the residents about the fire.
The Fire Marshal’s Office is working to determine what caused the fire.
- Hampton police investigating carjacking on Chinaberry Place
- Police: Woman stole nearly $4K in merchandise from Harris Teeter in Williamsburg
- Second stimulus checks: Economists urge new round of $1,200 payments to Americans
- U.S. unemployment claims rise to 778,000 as pandemic worsens
- Virginia Nov. 25 COVID-19 update: 2,718 new cases, 29 new deaths; hospitalizations up 53, nearing record