SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — One person has been displaced following a fire at an apartment building in Suffolk Thursday.
Officials say emergency communications received a call reporting the fire around 5:30 p.m. Thursday in the 1000 block of Nansemond Parkway.
Units arrived on scene and found a two-story apartment building with some smoke in a downstairs apartment. Inside the apartment, firefighters found a small fire in the kitchen area.
The fire was contained to that area.
Ten occupants were evacuated during the incident, but there were no injuries. Only one person was displaced.
The fire marshal’s office will handle the investigation into the fire.
- 3 million masks ordered by Massachusetts were seized at Port of NY in March
- Dominion Energy urges customers to use energy-saving tips during coronavirus pandemic
- 1 injured in crash on S. Military Highway near Gilmerton Bridge
- Each state will decide how to ensure essential workers can get child care
- Hampton reports first coronavirus death