SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – Police are investigating a shooting incident that left one man injured Wednesday evening.
Dispatchers received the call at 6:08 p.m. after a man was dropped at Suffolk Fire & Rescue Station 3 on White Marsh Road with a gunshot wound.
He was taken to a local hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening.
The preliminary investigation revealed he was shot in the 400 block of Oak Street in South Suffolk.
On Thursday, police released that the victim is 22-year-old Tyrik Lamar Arrington, a Suffolk resident.
The investigation is ongoing.
Police ask anyone with additional information to contact the Suffolk Police Department or Suffolk Crime Line at 888-LOCK-U-UP.
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines
- Concierge health service loses vaccines after reportedly vaccinating ineligible people
- COVID-19 bill can’t include $15 minimum wage hike, Senate referee says
- 81-year-old ‘Fitness Gran’ takes over TikTok
- House could vote on Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package, $1,400 checks Friday