SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk Police say a juvenile was shot and seriously injured at a McDonald’s restaurant Wednesday night.
Police responded to a call of a shooting around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at a McDonald’s in the 6200 block of College Drive. Officials did not specify where on the restaurant property the shooting happened.
A male juvenile was treated at the scene and taken to a local hospital with injuries considered serious, Suffolk officials said.
The investigation is still in the preliminary stages.
Police said there is no further information as of about 9 p.m.
The owners of the McDonald’s location, Jim and Leslie Wheeler, released a statement following the shooting Wednesday night: “We take incidents like this seriously and we put the safety of our customers and employees first and foremost. We are praying for a full recovery of the teen that was injured and have trust in the Suffolk Police Department to handle this case swiftly.”
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Virginia Attorney General Herring vows to protect workers from wage theft
- Simple experiment debunks Texas ‘fake snow’ theory
- Derek Carr to serve as Grand Marshall for Pennzoil 400 NASCAR race
- Florida school resource officer fired after being caught on bodycam using racial slurs
- Third stimulus check: Americans who make more than $80,000 may not get direct payment