SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Routine tide gate testing will begin this weekend at the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel.
VDOT will begin testing at 1 a.m. on Sunday, May 3. The testing is done to make sure the HRBT is prepared for any potential adverse weather conditions.
Drivers traveling I-64 to the HRBT during the testing can expect to be stopped for up to 90 minutes in each direction.
Using the I-664 Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel as an alternate route is encouraged.
The VDOT crews are testing eastbound gates first, and then test the westbound gates.
Full directional HRBT closures for Sunday, May 3 are as follows:
- 1 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. – all eastbound traffic stopped
- 2:30 a.m. to 4 a.m. – all westbound traffic stopped
More information can be found online.
- Tampa Bay Lightning beats Dallas Stars to win Stanley Cup Monday night in Game 6
- Floridians react to the lifting of state coronavirus restrictions
- House holds hearing on Paycheck Protection Program loan forgiveness
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- Protesters want their cellphones back from San Diego police, sheriff’s departments