SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – The driver of a vehicle hit by a train early Friday morning survived, but is being treated for serious injuries, Suffolk Police confirmed.
The accident happened around 5 a.m. at the railroad crossing at Liberty Street in Downtown Suffolk.
Officials confirmed a Norfolk Southern train was traveling westbound when it collided with the vehicle.
The driver was the only person in the vehicle.
There was no derailment. All crossings are clear.
Police said the investigation into the crash continues.
- Busch Gardens drops mask requirement for fully vaccinated guests
- Virginia COVID-19 May 15 update: Fewer than 700 new cases reported, positivity rate drops to 3.3%
- Alabama mom hospitalized with COVID-19 meets newborn son for first time
- Fired Windsor officer files motion to dismiss Army officer’s lawsuit following traffic stop incident
- New government program offers $50 off monthly internet bill for eligible households: Here’s how to apply