SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – The driver of a vehicle hit by a train early Friday morning survived, but is being treated for serious injuries, Suffolk Police confirmed.
The accident happened around 5 a.m. at the railroad crossing at Liberty Street in Downtown Suffolk.
Officials confirmed a Norfolk Southern train was traveling westbound when it collided with the vehicle.
The driver was the only person in the vehicle.
There was no derailment. All crossings are clear.
Police said the investigation into the crash continues.
- Why do we eat this? Origin stories behind 3 notorious Thanksgiving sides
- Border Democrats vow to hold Biden accountable on his pledge to not build ‘another foot of wall’
- Interactive map: County-by-county COVID-19 Thanksgiving risk assessment — see where Hampton Roads stacks up
- NFL player Isaiah Crowell gives back to his hometown of Columbus, Georgia
- Newsfeed Now: Black Friday deals and more