SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk Police say reports of the possible abduction of a 3-year-old girl Thursday turned out to be unfounded.
“There is no evidence that an abduction had occurred,” Suffolk Police stated in a news release Friday.
Police said they responded to an “alleged abduction” of a 3-year-old girl around 3:20 p.m. in the 400 block of Market Street Thursday. Officers immediately began canvassing the area, looking for the girl.
The child was found safe at a relative’s house.
Police say Child Protective Services has been notified of the incident.
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump heads to Arizona, Biden works virtually from Delaware
- Blog: Hurricane and Snow Storm for the South
- Virginia voters are still requesting mail-in ballots despite deadline
- Biden up 12 points on Trump in Virginia, latest CNU poll finds
- Motorcyclist dies in James City County crash, passenger taken to hospital