SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia State Police responded to a crash that injured two people at the Monitor Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel Wednesday evening.
State emergency communications said the report of the crash came in around 3:30 p.m. on Interstate 664 in Suffolk.
The Virginia Department of Transportation initially said all northbound lanes were closed, but later reopened.
According to their Twitter account, traffic was still backed up for about two miles as of 4:06 p.m.
State emergency communications also said Newport News first responders told them two people were hurt.
State police said the injuries are not considered life-threatening.
10 On Your Side has reached out to a Virginia State Police spokeswoman for more details.
This is a breaking news story. Stay with WAVY.com for more updates.
- Immigration advocates ask Biden for humanitarian assistance, clarity for refugees
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- 3 South Texas congressmen ‘optimistic’ as Biden vows to tackle immigration
- VA House passes bill to keep some pandemic election changes; Republican leader casts doubt on results