HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) — Residents in Hampton Roads needing help with overdue water and sewage bills are encouraged to apply for relief.
A second HRUBS Utility Bill Pandemic Relief Program was announced Monday. It will provide nearly $1.4 million in relief to qualifying customers via CARES Act funding.
Customers with delinquent water and wastewater utility bill charges from March 1, 2020 to December 30, 2020 can apply, and the city will provide help through January 22, 2021, or until funding runs out. The city is urging to people to act quickly.
Qualifying applicants must certify they’ve experienced COVID-related issues such as job loss or reduction in work hours.
You can apply online.
- NC COVID-19 March 3 update: New cases tick up slightly, most deaths reported in a week
- Newport News Shipbuilding launches new Montana submarine into James River
- ODU identifies COVID-19 outbreak at Gresham Main residence hall among 7 individuals
- What’s that in the sky? Launch from Wallops may leave colorful clouds above Hampton Roads region
- In The Kitchen: Bourbon And Burgers