RICHMOND, Va. (WAVY) — The Catholic Diocese of Richmond has authorized additional safety guidelines for worshiping practices on Wednesday.
These guidelines are in response to the rapid spreading of the coronavirus throughout the U.S.
The following additional directives have been approved by Bishop Barry C. Knestout for the Catholic Diocese of Richmond and shall take effect immediately:
- “Cease distribution of the Precious Blood (Christ is fully present under both species of the Blessed Sacrament).
- Refrain from shaking hands during the Sign of Peace (bow or verbal gesture is appropriate).
- Refrain from holding hands during the Lord’s Prayer.
- Remove holy water from the baptismal and holy water fonts.”
Those that are ill are asked to stay home and avoid Sunday Mass.
These guidelines have been sent to all schools, parishes, and clergy within the diocese.
- Newport News Police arrest fugitive wanted in connection with past sexual offense
- VIDEO: #HAWAIISTRONG Hotels illuminate with hope and aloha throughout Waikiki
- Moyock community continues Easter tradition with a twist
- Newport News Police arrest man for indecent liberties with a juvenile
- Woman accused of licking $1,800 worth of items at California grocery store arrested on felony charge