PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Portsmouth Police say a woman was injured after a domestic incident turned into a shooting Tuesday morning.
Police say the woman’s injuries are not considered life-threatening.
Officers responded to the 2700 block of Ash Street around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday for a report of a domestic argument that “turned into a gunshot wound incident.”
The woman was shot in the upper body and then taken to a local hospital.
A person was arrested and charges are pending. Police have not released their identity.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Hampton family loses home in fire, school staff steps in to help
- 11 Democratic governors, including Virginia Gov. Northam, condemn efforts to delegitimize the electoral process
- WAVY team credits NSU education for success
- Republicans optimistic about president’s pick for Supreme Court; Democrats worry for ACA
- Fauci: Pandemic causing ‘historic decimation’ among Latinx community