PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Two teenagers have been charged with murder in connection to a death investigation in Portsmouth.
The Portsmouth Police Department responded to a call of a suspicious situation around 8 p.m. on Wednesday in the 3700 block of Mariner Avenue.
Police found 38-year-old Parris Folston, of Portsmouth, suffering from a life-threatening injury to his upper body. He was pronounced dead at the scene by medics.
A 17-year-old boy from Portsmouth and a 13-year-old girl from Virginia Beach were arrested and charged with first-degree murder and robbery in connection to Folston’s death.
Police will not release the teenagers’ names because they are juveniles.
- Baseball Hall of Famer Henry “Hank” Aaron dies at 86
- Virginia Jan. 22 COVID-19 update: Virginia surpasses 6,000 COVID-19 deaths, cases down this week
- Protesters gather, damage Democratic headquarters in Oregon
- No injuries reported after truck catches fire on N. Military Highway
- NFL giving 7,500 vaccinated health care workers free tickets to Super Bowl in Tampa