PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Police now say a fatal shooting led to an accident at a fire station Monday morning in Portsmouth.
Police have classified the case as a homicide.
Police say the victim had a gunshot wound to the upper body when he crashed head-on into a medic unit around 1:20 a.m. at Fire Station 1 at 1601 Effingham Street. He was later identified as 21-year-old Tysheek A. Spivey, of Portsmouth.
Spivey’s sedan pulled into the driveway of the fire station as the medic vehicle was leaving its bay, injuring two medic personnel, who were both taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Spivey had to be extricated from the vehicle before being taken to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
Police say no suspects have been identified in the case at this time, but anyone with information is asked to call the Portsmouth Police Department Major Crimes Unit at (757) 393-8536 or to submit an
anonymous tip through the Portsmouth Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- ViBe Creative District making changes to Small Business Saturday, determined to promote shopping small
- Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine low temperature requirement poses challenges
- Black Diamond Weekend conference available for Hampton Roads minority-owned businesses
- Potential long-term closure at Centerville Turnpike Bridge in Chesapeake leaves businesses worried
- 2 dead in 6-vehicle crash Thanksgiving night in Richmond’s northside