PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Police now say a fatal shooting led to an accident at a fire station Monday morning in Portsmouth.
Police have classified the case as a homicide.
Police say the victim had a gunshot wound to the upper body when he crashed head-on into a medic unit around 1:20 a.m. at Fire Station 1 at 1601 Effingham Street. He was later identified as 21-year-old Tysheek A. Spivey, of Portsmouth.
Spivey’s sedan pulled into the driveway of the fire station as the medic vehicle was leaving its bay, injuring two medic personnel, who were both taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Spivey had to be extricated from the vehicle before being taken to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
Police say no suspects have been identified in the case at this time, but anyone with information is asked to call the Portsmouth Police Department Major Crimes Unit at (757) 393-8536 or to submit an
anonymous tip through the Portsmouth Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Destination Vacation heading to Fork Shoals, South Carolina
- West Virginia soldier’s surprise return brings his family to tears
- Drug addicts are being enticed to commit murder for $150, Chihuahua AG says
- Ironman triathlete urges fellow COVID-19 survivors to donate life-saving plasma
- North Myrtle Beach sea turtle patrol finds more than 100 dead hatchlings after hurricane