PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Portsmouth Police say a vehicle connected to a shooting that killed an 18-year-old man earlier this week has been recovered.
Police say they received the call around 12:51 a.m. on November 11 for a shooting in the 2700 block of Turnpike Road. When officers arrived, they located 18-year-old Talik Farmer with a gunshot wound to the upper body.
Life-saving measures weren’t successful. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 1:04 a.m.
The day after the incident, police reached out to community members in identifying the whereabouts of a stolen red, 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe they say is connected to the shooting.
On Sunday, police confirmed the recovery of the stolen vehicle in the 100 block of Chautauqua Avenue.
No further information have been released. Police say the incident is still under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887) or submit a tip online.
- Hokies All Access : Men’s hoops returns, Tony Robie profile, Kenny Brooks profile, Justin Fuente goes through ESPN Car Wash
- Cat that vanished 15 years ago reunited with her owner
- From cop to cake maker: O’s Cakes celebrating grand opening this weekend
- Dose of Clarity: Do you need proof of an underlying medical condition to get vaccine in Phase 1b?
- Miller removes anarchist militia decal from pickup truck, claims ignorance