PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Portsmouth Police are investigating two separate shootings that left one male dead and another with serious injuries Wednesday night.
Police Sgt. Misty Holley said the first report of a shooting happened when a man walked into Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center in Portsmouth at 8:17 p.m.
He was shot in the lower body and his injuries are considered serious.
The second shooting was reported at 8:37 p.m. in the 3600 block of Columbia Street in Portsmouth. The gunshot wound victim is a male, but police did not give his age.
He was shot in the torso and was taken to a local hospital for treatment, where he later died from his injuries.
On Thursday detectives said they are looking to speak with the drivers of two vehicles who may have information regarding the homicide.
Police say the first vehicle is a black 4-door sedan and the second vehicle is a maroon 4-door sedan with dark tinted windows.
According to Portsmouth Police, the maroon vehicle is dented on the passenger side at the center door junction.
Detectives are asking the drivers of these vehicles to contact them at (757) 393-8536.
Police said no additional information is available but ask if you have any information on the shootings to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Pres. Trump takes on social media outlets with an executive order
- Newport News, Hampton mayors bet oysters and crabs on which city has higher census turnout
- Virginia Lottery to open customer service centers on June 1; masks, social distancing will be required
- Hampton PD seeks suspect or suspects in connection to carjacking on Bacon St.
- Hampton releases information about beaches reopening Friday