PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — Portsmouth police are searching for an “armed and dangerous” man accused of shooting a teenager on Sunday.
The 17-year-old was shot in the leg around 8:15 p.m. in the 1200 block of Duke Street. He was taken to a local hospital with non life-threatening injuries, according to the Portsmouth Police Department.
Police believe that 32-year-old Monquell L. Wilkins, of Portsmouth, shot the teen.
Police said Wilkins is wanted on several active warrants: two counts of aggravated malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, three counts of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, reckless handling of a firearm and two counts of shooting into an occupied dwelling.
Anyone with information about this shooting should call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Live updates: George Floyd protests continue nationwide
- As Trump signs religious freedom order, photo ops criticized
- Newport News mayor hands out masks to community members amid pandemic
- In wake of violent protests, lawmakers call for change
- Johns Hopkins doctors give advice on how to keep personal masks clean