PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) – Less than a month after a renewed call for help in finding a homicide suspect, Portsmouth Police announced an arrest.
Jevon Scott was taken into custody on Dec. 1 and charged with second degree murder for the death of 48-year-old Dornell Chavous of Chesapeake.
The homicide happened the morning of June 11 in the 1100 block of Mt. Vernon Avenue.
Chavous was shot in the torso and pronounced dead at the scene by medics.
In early November, detectives reached out to the public again for help in locating Jevon Scott.
Police did not provide any additional information on what led to his arrest.
- Immigration advocates ask Biden for humanitarian assistance, clarity for refugees
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- 3 South Texas congressmen ‘optimistic’ as Biden vows to tackle immigration
- VA House passes bill to keep some pandemic election changes; Republican leader casts doubt on results